Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I've got soul

Bootie call
Ok. I went to make the booties to go with the Cat Hat. Unfortunately it tells me to work in a Jacquard Stockinette St.  There was no place where is explained what that is. I looked on the interweb and found a couple of sites where people had questions about this book, but no one had any answers.  There was no errata available. ( I learned that means information that was wrong in the book and they corrected it on the website ;-) )
This is taken from the website Blue Garter "Garter stitch jacquard (and I’m using the term as Montse Stanley does to describe stranded color patterning) is not difficult to do; you can work any charted design you’d use for regular stranded colorwork, except that you have to work each row of the motif twice: right to left and then left to right, so that your design reads on the garter ridges. On the wrong side there’s a pleasurable dance of the working and resting wools fore and aft to keep the strands on the inside of the sweater"
This was also a great help.  Knitting Patterns
Fortunately, I am doing the patter in just plain black so I don't have to worry about the color changes.
Once I figured out what to do, the bottom part knitted up easily.  It took only 10 minutes to do the sole.
Which side is up?

No comments:

Post a Comment