Saturday, August 4, 2012

Flap and Turn

After finishing up the leg, I worked on the heel flap. I must admit I worked on it during a meeting at school. I don't see how my knitting is any different from everyone texting back and forth.
The sock has the standard Slip 1 knit 1 pattern for the flap.  This was on Friday morning. The pattern was for 20 rows. This gave me 10 large stitches on the side that I can pick up for the gussets.

Today, I began the heel turn. It was pretty simple but you have to pay careful attention.   Row One we knitted 12 stitches in (out of a total of 20) and then started the short rows.



After this, I then piced up through the back loops to create my gussets. I hope it works. I have 52 stitches just like the book says. So that is at least a good thing.  I don't know if I will finish by the closing ceremonies though.  I am going on trip and will be in the car for 2 hours so hopefully this will help.


This is my favorite view!!

No comments:

Post a Comment