Tuesday, June 5, 2012

UFO's and EZ

History lesson: According to EZ the reason that right-handed knitting is called American or English, is that the needles were so long that the right one’s end had to be tucked into a belt.  The pointed ends of both were held in the left hand. This left the right hand free to move the wool.

She also talks about having governesses who helped to teach her the “Continental” way of knitting.
I didn’t even know there was such a thing as “looking-glass” or “backward” knitting.
Favorite quote: ” Things are not perfect, and we wouldn’t appreciate it if they were.”  (Zimmerman, 1995)
I have decided to try and finish this pair of socks by the end of June.  These are one of the UFO's I need to finish.
I was trying to show the heel
Second sock syndrome
I am not sure what I will be focusing on for this blog. Socks or book?  Probably a little bit of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment